Wednesday, April 08, 2009

ithacurban

I was perusing the job section of Ithaca's craigslist page and found an ad recruiting staff for an Urban Outfitters that's to open in Ithaca this summer. As I understand, the only UOs in New York State are either buried in the city or in the Galleria Mall in Buffalo. I had never been to one before last month at the Mall of America in Minnesota - I liked it very much. I even took a picture.


I did some searching to confirm the craigslist ad and found an article from the Cornell Daily Sun.

So it's true. But two things in that article caught my eye:
Allie Strauss ’11 agreed. “I think nothing better has ever happened in Ithaca,” she said.and
“The reason I liked Yale so much is because there was an Urban Outfitters right in town,” Brooke Flohr ’12 said. “Now I have no regrets left about coming to Cornell.”Either Cornell students are becoming exponentially more insane, or the CDS staff doesn't care if their articles are stuffed with just-say-anything filler quotes. Anyway, I bought a shot glass ice cube mold and a square of grass. The clothes are expensive there.

No comments: