Wednesday, April 01, 2009

my 4/1

Last night, per Anne's suggestion, I bought a 72-pack of party balloons from Wal-Mart. I was going to put them in Caitlin's car, because she hates balloons, but I had to abort that plan at around 1 in the morning... after I'd blown them all up (Hansen helped) and stuffed them into my own car, including in the trunk.


This morning, I drove to Caitlin's house when she was at work. It was locked.

I drove around some more, trying to think of who else I could surprise. I even stopped at the swim house and walked around inside; nobody was home, save one person who was using the shower. I figured it'd've been too weird if he walked out of the bathroom and saw me parading around his house with handfuls of balloons.

I was ready to admit an ironic defeat... my car was filled with balloons


and it was probably going to stay that way. Happy April Fools' Day, me.



Then I got a message a half-hour before Caitlin was supposed to return--it was her roommate, telling me I could come and execute the prank. Now or never, I thought, and sprang into action.

10 minutes later,

and
.
I know it doesn't look like that many. They were supposed to go in her car.

About 20 minutes after I left, I got this message:

"I want you to know i cut open each one individually so they wouldn't pop. Because you know i am terrified of balloons and its not funny. Payback."

Yeah, well, it could be worse:



While I'm at it, some more balloon-related content.




(the original danny deckchair. I reviewed a play based on this guy at Syracuse last month)

youtube classic:



the illustrious don hertzfeldt:



a link, because Discovery on YouTube does not allow embedding, to the ever popular slow-mo water balloon to the face:

[here you can pretend there's a link to one of the innumerable youtube videos of scantily clad women blowing up large balloons until they pop]

and some excellent balloon related games:
Bloons
Bloons Tower Defense 3

finally, one more documentation from Caitlin's roommate.
"Before"

"After"

2 comments:

sforbes said...

your car looks like it did last april fool's day. sans excessive happy face stickers.


I wonder how long it took her to cut all those balloons individually..

caitlin said...

It took me around half an hour.